Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Tyrant - Cancer

Okay, so, my name is Patrick, and I'm one of the elements that go into the creation of this blog. As of late, I've been suffering from the most annoying toothache in the entire world! Attempting to avoid going to the dentist, at all costs, because I detest going to that hell on earth, I got on the internet in a search for "at home remedies" for my ailment. Somehow, on my journey, I came across this article talking about root canals, and all that good stuff, and it said to me, as bright as the sun shines on the hottest summer day - root canals are a cause of breast cancer.

Now, before you throw your computer through the window, curse this blog into oblivion, or spam the absolute shit out of me, with hate mail, hear me out! I'm not here to dispute this fact - Nor, am I hear to dispute the seriousness of breast cancer; I'm just here to to ask - What doesn't cause breast cancer, honestly?

On my quest for knowledge, just to enlighten myself on the topic, I searched a list of things that have been proven/are strongly suggested to cause breast cancer, and this list is as long as my leg! I swear, I'm not even joking! You just have to go to google and type this shit in, and you'll be bombarded, straight up!  Some of this stuff is ridiculous, literally!

I'm sure there are millions and millions of causes for all types of cancers; and I wonder if everything that is proven to cause cancer, theoretically, then we should all have cancer, because if everything is proven by statistics, we expose ourselves to these tasks/elements in our daily lives. I could have cancer right now, and not even know it - probably breast cancer, because that's the only type of cancer that everyone talks about, for some reason.

Anyway, I thought this was good to just share a thought, and keep the blog alive; it's been pretty stagnant. If you feel the need to read this, and even reply (which would be great!), I'd be more than happy to hear your thoughts about it. But, if it seems like dribble to you, then it is what it is, and you don't have to acknowledge it one bit. I'll read them, while I'm trying to sleep at night!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I think it is an important point to make. Almost anything and everything seems to cause cancer. People need to realize this, and there are genetic factors as well. And if you live to be 80+ you are most likely going to get cancer. You can either let this make you paranoid or just live a life. As a pre-med student, the fact that people don't realize that almost everything causes cancer really irks me. And the dentist is pure hell..I hate going more than anything in the world. I hope your toothache gets better without paying a visit to the dentist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true... can't tell you how many times I've been told in my life that something I'm doing/eating causes cancer... So many things that getting cancer seems unavoidable, so I mine as well enjoy all of my cancer-causing habits! Cheers!

    p.s. how'd that toothache turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patrick, thanks for writing this interesting post ! I have had a couple of root canals done so after I have commented on your blog I will do some research to set my mind at rest.
    All the best for your blogging !
    And yes you can check out my work at http://travelerrohan.blogspot.com/ and give me your reviews.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. to Kwilliford1 and Monica: My toothache is improving! Thanks for the concern and wishes!

    ReplyDelete