Monday, November 21, 2011

Desserts of Champions

It's Patrick, again. I know this is going to be a little whacky, but I was thinking about my favorite desserts, considering Thanksgiving is on the way, and I couldn't help blogging about it. If everyone can agree on something, it is that food is amazing, right? So, I thought I would just rap with you about my three favorite desserts and a bizarre dessert I've never had, but would try. Shall we begin?!

#3. Banana Pudding

Banana pudding took it's place in the champions circle, when I was a child. Something about its simplicity just makes it an all around, great, dessert! I take mine with an extra helping of wafers - it's totally the best part.

#2. Chocolate Cake

Chocolate cake joins the circle of Champions due to its decadence of flavor and texture; it's harmonious. Everyone loves chocolate, and if you don't, there's probably something wrong with you, and you should be sent off to a lab to be studied.

#1. Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Now, I don't know if you saw this coming or not. I can't really think of many people that ever really talk about oatmeal cookies, however I could be living under a rock. I know, at least, that many people wouldn't stick this treat at number one. There's nothing wrong with them - They're perfection. I mean, A) It's a cookie B) It's chocolate. What's not to love?! It's convenient and delicious. I could eat them until I puked rainbows of painful joy.

Bonus: The Bizarre Dessert - Deep Fried Milk

I did some research on this, and apparently it's a Chinese hit. It sounds utterly disgusting to me, but I'm all about trying new things. It involves several types of milk, and cornstarch, deep fried...or something like that. Who knows? I would try it, though. I'm sure it has to be somewhat good, to still exist.

Feel free to comment, if you enjoyed the blog. Think about your favorite desserts, and tell us, at The Everything Blog, what you think should be the juggernaut of the dessert world. I'm hoping everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday, and don't die from over eating or get trampled on Black Friday. Ta-ta!

2 comments:

  1. A great food taster once remarked 'Food is better than being physical' !
    The desserts which you have showed are fabulous, but the most intriguing dessert is the 'deep fried milk' !
    Perhaps you could tell us more about how to make it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk Custard

    100 g Cornstarch
    300 ml Milk
    300 ml Coconut milk
    2 tbsp Sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 tsp Salt

    This is basically the internal component of the milk.

    Coating
    1 cup German #405 flour
    4 tbsp Cornstarch
    1 tsp Baking powder
    2 tsp Lemon juice
    4 tbsp Salad oil
    Some water
    and this is the coating, obviously.

    Basically, from what I read, you just mix the custard together, and coat it in the breading mixture and fry it until it becomes light brown. The entire recipe that I found can be found at http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/12/deep-fried-milk.html

    I hope this was insightful!

    ReplyDelete